Frequently Asked Questions
1. I want to study at JNU. What courses do you offer? How do I apply? Can you send me an application form?
Please check General on http://www.jnu.ac.in/main.asp?sendval=International
2. How much does it cost to study at JNU?
3. What scholarships do you offer for international students? Where can I find out about your financial aid programme for international students?
Most of the foreign students in JNU get ICCR scholarships and many come under other different types of scholarships. Please try to find out.
4. Do you have an MBA course?
No, we don’t have.
5. I'm visiting JNU in a few weeks, can I stay in a college?
FSA can manage you a place to stay with some of the foreign students of JNU.
6. Where else can I stay in JNU?
You can stay in Aravali Guest House and Aravali International. For details please check
7. What is the grading system in JNU?
Please click on http://www.jnu.ac.in/main.asp?sendval=Prospectus Check General and Courses, Mode of teaching and Mode of evaluation, Curriculum updation
8. Do we have to share a room with some other student?
All Ph. D and M. Phil students (on the basis of availability) are allotted single room in Sutlej, Kaveri, Periyar, Sabarmati, Jehlum, Tapti, Mahi Mandavi, Lohit, Chandrabhaga and Brahamaputra for Boys and Yamuna, Ganga, Godavari, Sabarmati, Tapti, Lohit and Chandrabhaga for girls. Foreign Students who are in MA are allotted single room in Yamuna hostel.
9. Can we choose a room mate?
Yes, if there are vacant double room and your friend is allotted the same hostel. Please talk to the care taker of your hostel.
10. Is it compulsory to have food in the mess?
In Yamuna, it is compulsory to take mess. But in rest of the hostel, foreign students can avail mess rebate.
11. Are we allowed to cook in the hostel?
We are not allowed to cook in any of the hostel. (Except Mahandadi which is allotted to married couple, has kitchen)
12. Is there wi-fi in JNU?
Currently there is no wi-fi in JNU. But there are free internet services available in all schools, centers and Library. Library has wonderful Cyber Library. In hostel, u can have
13. What are the different International Banks around JNU?
HSBC, Standard Chartered Bank, Citibank, ANZ Grindlays Bank, Bank of America, ABN Amro, Banque National de Paris, Hong Kong Bank, The Bank of Tokyo Ltd. and Deutsche Bank
14. Is there a washing machine in hostel?
The hostel doesn’t have washing machine but there are Washer man (Dhobi) and Dry Cleaners (in KC Market).
15. What kind of Electric Socket is there in hostel?
16. Where can I find a map of the University?
Please click http://www.jnu.ac.in/main.asp?sendval=JNUCampus
17. Who is the Chancellor of JNU?
Prof. Yash Pal
18. Who is the Vice-Chancellor of the University?
Prof. B. B. Bhattacharya
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi-110 067,
For more click http://www.jnu.ac.in/main.asp?sendval=ViceChancellor
19. I lost my ID Card, can I get a new one?
You have to launch FIR at Vasant Vihar Police Station and bring the proof to JNU, pay necessary fee and u can get a new one.
20. Are there Hindi Classes for foreign students?
There are special Hindi classes for foreign students in
21. When was FSA (Foreign Students’ Association) founded?
22. Does the University have a gift shop?
You need to go to Priya or Munirka but please check KC Market; you can find some stuff like seasonal greetings and birthday cards.
23. Where should I send my application form for admission?
You need to download the form from the website, fill it clearly and send it along with necessary documents to this address.
Deputy Registrar (Admissions),
Room No. 28, Administrative Block,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi - 110067
24. What is the last date to submit the form?
The last date of submission is 15th March.
25. From where can I download the admission form?
If you have any queries, please send it to us at email@example.com and we will try to answer it as soon as possible.